Sunday, September 16, 2012

Encounters with Nature

Last night I was very lucky...  While brushing my teeth I spotted a light green frog with big black eyes about the size of an egg sitting on a shelf.  In bed later, outside of my bug net thankfully, I saw a scorpion for the first time!  It was very small--it could have fit on a dime--but I could make out the crab-like chompers and frightening tail!  I immediately checked to make sure my bug net was secure.

It gets better than the scorpion...

I woke up at about 1am.  I felt a slight breeze from above which is odd because I sleep under a roof.  As I became more awake I could hear, ¨flap, flap, flap, flap...¨ very fast.  It was a bat!!!  It took me a while to get back to sleep, but this was a very cool experience!

Brianna

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah: I was thinking you could name your bat Stellaluna and think of this book (listen to it): http://www.teachingbooks.net/qlb7h4x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are seeing so many amazing things....even in your sleep!
    Hugs,
    Liw

    ReplyDelete